Date(s) - 09/16/2021 - 09/17/2021
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Bowen Arts Center
During this 2 day workshop, you will learn how to layer and work with watercolors on gold metallic watercolor ground. Work on a variety of surfaces, wood, canvas, cardboard or matt board and a dried leaf. The wonderful thing about watercolor-ground is that it turns most any surface into watercolor ready. Join us to explore this illuminating process.
- Watercolors come in many brands and in a range of prices. I like these for painting on location they are larger sets but great color. Pelikan Transparent Watercolor Paint Set, 24 Colors – Pelikan Opaque Watercolor Paint Set, 24 Colors
- Brushes-A mix of Round, Flat and Angle. I prefer and Angle brush as it can do many things.
- Piece of small smooth wood 6×6 or 8×8, You can find the smooth wood in the craft sections at Hobby Lobby, Michael’s and Joann’s.
- GANSAI TAMBI watercolor STARRY 6 colors set, gold, silver, mica, (on Amazon or Hobby Lobby don’t buy the knock off doesn’t work well.)
- Faber Castell Gelatos – Brights
- Small canvas
- Small piece of matt board not larger then 8×10
- Find a Dried leaf from outside, you may want to press it.
Bookings are closed for this event.